i30 Owners Club

Narva sapphire plus 50

Offline BrendonL

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      East Maitland
I'm just wondering if anyone here has tried the narva sapphire plus 50 bulbs? The box claims 5000k but the lack of blue tinting on the bulbs makes me think otherwise. The closest to 5000k iv come across is Philips diamond vision but those bulbs are far to dull driving in the wet at night.
  • 2019 i30 go, manual, white

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Narva Sapphire are closer to 5000k than other bulbs, I've tested them along side Philips White Vision rated at 4200k (Diamond Vision 4600k) and the Sapphires are whiter and brighter...almost as white a light as my 6000k LED's.

A new element material/design is how they managed to achieve such a white light from a halogen bulb, minimal tinting on the bulb also helps increase the lumens.

:link: Narva | H7 12V 55W SAPPHIRE PLUS 50 HALOGEN HEADLIGHT GLOBES (BL2)

:link: Halogen Headlights | Philips
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 18:39:19 by CraigB »

Offline BrendonL

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      East Maitland
Awesome mate thanks for the info I'll probly pick a set up in the next week or so and give them a go.

Offline BrendonL

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      East Maitland
Got a set today and they are no where near 5000k they are almost the same yellow as my stock high beam bulbs.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Got a set today and they are no where near 5000k they are almost the same yellow as my stock high beam bulbs.

:confused: :crazy2:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I cant see how they're almost as yellow as the stock bulbs which rate around 3200k

Sure you got the right ones...Sapphire plus 50 :undecided: any bulb below 6000k will have some yellowing to it though I can say from my own bulbs here they're not far off the spectrum of my LED's.

Offline BrendonL

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      East Maitland

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
An app like "Light Spectrum Pro" will give you an accurate reading, if you think the stated 5000k is incorrect you'll have proof for a return.

I haven't physically tested the spectrum's and can only go off what I see with my own eye's and the Sapphires are whiter and brighter than the Philips White and Diamond Vision on their claimed 4200k and 4600k.

What bulb are you comparing them against? some of the fully tinted bulbs can reach the 5000k spectrum though they'll be very dull when compared to any of the bulbs mentioned above

Offline BrendonL

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      East Maitland
I was comparing them to osram cool blue hyper.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I was comparing them to osram cool blue hyper.
Initially you said the Sapphires were the same colour as your stock bulbs, Osram cool blue hyper aren’t stock and are also rated 5000k which is why they have similar colour to your new Sapphires.

The Sapphires will be brighter than your current hypers though they are the same temp, and if legality is a concern the Sapphires are legal for road use...the cool blue hypers are not 

Offline BrendonL

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      East Maitland
I said they where the same as my stock high beam I had the cool blue hypers in my low beam and I have stock high beam. Iv just gone back to the old leds I had a while ago they are the best way to get good white light.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Yeah if you’re after a true white light the LEDs are better suited.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal