i30 Owners Club

i30 front and rear parking sensors

petttu · 2 · 2857

Offline petttu

• 1st Gear

• Finland
Hello, I have an 2013 i30 and I would like to install parking sensor to front and back on my i30, so that they would show up in the instrument clusters display.

I have done some research and found that on the Hyundai Mobis site they are still offering set to front ( 99602ADE00 ) and back ( 99603ADE00 ). And they have installation guides and user guides, In those guides it does not say anything about on screen information, but instead it would rely on buzzer. And found some other messages that in Australia (front)kits that are fitted by hyundai service does not show up on the screen. Witch is odd because on the comfort model they have rear sensors and those are on the screen. And I have a fried who has an 2012 i40 that has factory fitted front and rear sensors, an those show up on the screen (and the i40 screen looks very similar to mine). But with i30 (I think) only the Elite model has front sensors, and that has a different cluster fitted.

Those genuine front and rear sensor kits are the same for i30 and i40, so does hyundai fit a different version parking systems at the factory than they sell or could it work? To add some more confusion I found a kitt called "Steelmate OPS" (installed on the rear) that does say that they will show up on the screen. So  if the genuine Hyundai kits wont show up on the screen, why is there a third party kit that does? Doesn't Hyundai want to sell those, or could they just have not mentioned it at the user guide (because the cluster is not included in the kitt)?
I have bought an Android player so I could just install a camera with it, but those gets dirty quite fast at winter (though I have planning to make a popup version) so front and rear sensors would be an nice extra to counter that problem.

Have anyone fitted front sensors?
  • i30 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcumwagon:

I had front sensors included as an add-on on my last i30 (2017 i30 PD SR)

Fortunately i heard bad things about them before they got fitted. They ended up fitting a set to one of their demos and they were very buggy and way over sensitive.

For example they detected cars driving around roundabouts past the front of the demo car when it was giving way, they were also very annoying and persistent when I tested the demo in my garage. I ended up converting it to 2 free services.

If you put "front sensors" in the forum search  (with the quotation marks) you will find several threads about them .

I can't answer  your specific enquiry as such sorry, but the threads that come up in the search should include some handy feedback.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal