i30 Owners Club

2009 1.6lt diesel ecu fault now no immobiliser key light

Shrek73 · 36 · 8196

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Just another question, are you using a multimeter for these checks?
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Shrek73

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      South Australia
The car is Auto. The Auto locksmith had a machine that detected a mag field when the ignition was turned on. This car does not produce one and even with the antenna coil unplugged I have no voltage at the plug everything that is in this circuit has been replaced including the coil. I have no immobiliser light at all it hasn’t come on once since the car stopped starting. I don’t know about any codes when the auto locksmith plugged in his diagnosis tool he said there were no codes. Is there a way I can check without a OBD tool
  • I30

Offline Shrek73

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      South Australia
Multimeter and a test light for checking voltage at the plugs and fuses. I would assume it won’t be a full 12v maybe 5 volts but I have the range set low as well as high so I should get something to register I also have a max hold function that will detect a voltage spike
  • I30

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
The car is Auto. The Auto locksmith had a machine that detected a mag field when the ignition was turned on. This car does not produce one and even with the antenna coil unplugged I have no voltage at the plug everything that is in this circuit has been replaced including the coil. I have no immobiliser light at all it hasn’t come on once since the car stopped starting. I don’t know about any codes when the auto locksmith plugged in his diagnosis tool he said there were no codes. Is there a way I can check without a OBD tool
Information not  previous obvious, how I'm reading this saga.

" Once ECU was replaced all checked out ok apart from this issue with no power to the antenna coil"

I was working with IMMO light, no antenna power, not that I fully understand what's going on here

I would follow the fault finding steps I listed and report the results on each

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I presume the Room LP 15a fuse has been checked? Even swap it if you have a spare

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Information not  previous obvious, how I'm reading this saga.

" Once ECU was replaced all checked out ok apart from this issue with no power to the antenna coil"

I was working with IMMO light, no antenna power, not that I fully understand what's going on here

I would follow the fault finding steps I listed and report the results on each

:wss:

• FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal