i30 Owners Club

EGR valve clean

Offline Benjaminlee1978

• 1st Gear

• Devon
Hi. I am unable top find a workshop manual to guide me through the removal cleaning and fitting egr valve on my 1.6 I30 blue drive. I know where the EGR is but always like to read up on the job first before I start. Any help and pictures would be gratefully received
  • I30 CRDI blue drive

Offline Bogdan1986

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Denmark
Hello, Benjamin.

I don't have pictures, but from what I remember about the time I changed the EGR valve in my 1.6 crdi FD bluedrive, I removed the air filter box together with the intake hose that connects to the turbo, to have enough space to work.
The valve itself was held by 6 fasteners... The only thing that made the job difficult was the cramped space, but I could get it done with basic tools and a couple of scratches on my hands.

FYI, in my case, the EGR cooler was in a worse state (~90% blockage) than the valve. To remove it, I had to undo a couple of fasteners and disconnect the 2 coolant hoses. With a little care, I managed to lose only about 100 ml of coolant in the process.

Good luck!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

• 2012 FD Estate, 1.6lt CRDi Blue, Manual, Sleek Silver

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

I don't have pictures, but from what I remember about the time I changed the EGR valve in my 1.6 crdi FD bluedrive, I removed the air filter box together with the intake hose that connects to the turbo, to have enough space to work.
The valve itself was held by 6 fasteners... The only thing that made the job difficult was the cramped space, but I could get it done with basic tools and a couple of scratches on my hands.

:goodjob2: :goodjob2:

Yes easy DIY. Just look at it, switch brain from park to drive and proceed. .....and bleed  :mrgreen:. Good luck
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW

Yes easy DIY. Just look at it, switch brain from park to drive and proceed. .....and bleed  :mrgreen:. Good luck

" and bleed "      :rofl:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

" and bleed "      :rofl:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I should have added 'check our search section' , to get lots of DIY pictures of EGR cleaning and BLOOD.  :snigger:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal