i30 Owners Club

driver window switches are malfunctioning

Offline gilad tselniker

• 1st Gear
hi,
in the last few months i noticed that the 2 rear windows only go down when controlled by driver controls, and the passenger window sometimes works, but about 85% of the time it just does not respond to the switch. all of the door switches are working (except for the drivers controller, duh..)..
my first thought is that the quad regulator is malfunctioning, but, i have no clue how to diagnose it or better yet where to find a replacement part.
any advice?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 02:34:25 by The Gonz »
  • 2011 FD 5 Door Hatch, Gas 1.6, Auto, Gray

Offline gilad tselniker

• 1st Gear
just to clarify, the rear windows go down when controlled by the driver, but not up.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 02:34:50 by The Gonz »

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
just to clarify, the rear windows go down when controlled by the driver, but not up.

and they go up and down when you operate the rear door switches?

From what you say, its the driver's switch cluster that is at fault. Apart from the wd40 route, you will not be able repair it .Its electronically complex.
Go to a wrecker and get another one for $20
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 02:35:14 by The Gonz »
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline gilad tselniker

• 1st Gear

and they go up and down when you operate the rear door switches?

From what you say, its the driver's switch cluster that is at fault. Apart from the wd40 route, you will not be able repair it .Its electronically complex.
Go to a wrecker and get another one for $20

thank you for the reply!
rear switches work perfectly, it is the cluster. ill try to find one. anyways, where can i find the instructions to replace it?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 02:35:41 by The Gonz »

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
no need. just remove door panel and you will see the screws
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 02:36:19 by The Gonz »
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal