i30 Owners Club

GD tourer rear number plate mounting

Offline 1600dave

• 2nd Gear

• Victoria
Hi guys,
So got the new i30 tourer and I noticed a slight vibration / rattle when hitting railway tracks / bumps in the road etc, coming from the rear.
The number plate was the first suspect and upon removal it doesn't look right to me, it's screwed straight into the plastic of the tail gate and some of the mounting foam removed. It didn't look consistent with what I could see in photos of cars being parted out online, but I couldn't find any detailed spare parts diagrams either.
It's a one owner car with original rego so this has been like it since delivery from the dealer.
Can anyone pretty please get a pic of theirs for me?

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

• i30 Tourer

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Don't know if that's original or not, but I've generally packed out the plate with a bit of foam or blue tack to stop it flapping around.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hey Dave,

I'd just get a pack of adhesive rubber pads from Reject Shop or similar. I've done that before to stop number plate and other rattles. They are usually in their hardware section for putting on the feet of tables and stuff.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Hey Dave,

I'd just get a pack of adhesive rubber pads from Reject Shop or similar. I've done that before to stop number plate and other rattles. They are usually in their hardware section for putting on the feet of tables and stuff.

You high tech thing you .  :lol:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
When I got Firty, I transferred my personalised plates over to her, but knowing this was coming, the dealer applied the interim plates with sticky Velcro pads.  :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline 1600dave

• 2nd Gear

• Victoria
Yeah the foam pads are no problem, more wondering what type of clip/nut should be in there, the way its screwed straight into the plastic is a bit agricultural!
  • i30 Tourer

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal