i30 Owners Club

Radio Problem

JohnGr · 5 · 3714

Offline JohnGr

• 1st Gear

• de Germany
      Frankfurt
Hello guys,

i have the following question (that most likely has been answered but couldn't find anything).

I bought a used I30 2007 model, and since last year i have problems with the radio. At the beginning it was turning off and immediately on, but lately it can stay off for some days, turn on again for maybe 1-2 song period, and off again for days. I removed it to check the wiring, and it seemed ok, although the tape used for bundling the cables was a bit loose. I was introduced from a friend to buy a new one and i was searching. I found some used ones on ebay (a-200fde model), but most of them said they had no code, so i had to find it. I called the dealership here in Frankfurt in Germany, and they said they can't find codes anymore, and they don't do anything for radios.

Do you have any advice? When i removed my radio, and put it back again to power, it didn't ask for any code. Is it possible to buy a used radio, and just install it?

Thank you for you time
  • I30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome John,

I am pretty sure no radio codes are required in any of the i30 radios.

Someone might tell me I'm dreaming, but hopefully not!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Never heard of any code needed for any i30. :goodjob:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline JohnGr

• 1st Gear

• de Germany
      Frankfurt
Thank you very much guys. I will go and buy one
  • I30

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
I think that @JohnGr will find it is as @Dazzler and @The Gonz indicates - I am pretty sure the i30 FD Hyundai radios fitted worldwide have no codes*

I am reasonably certain the 'no code' note is simply the auto-dismantler protecting themselves 'incase there is a code needed' and note it on all device they don't have a code for (regardless of if it actually prompts for one) - as I sought of doubt most power each head-unit up after getting it out of the vehicle they are pulling to pieces.

However, and this is nothing for JohnGr to worry about, being it is an Australian only thing... but the * above is: that the FD-01 required a passcode (but another thread on this forum has how to do that calculation).   But they were Hyundai Australia commissioned units - they weren't fitted outside of Australia.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 15:51:25 by ibrokeit »
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal