i30 Owners Club

HiD Fog Light upgrade

Thumper · 17 · 8980

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Installed 35w 3000k Golden Yellow HiD 881 fog light bulbs in the standard i30 fog lights.

Installing a 881 HiD system in the i30 is plug-and-play. Took me roughly 5 mins each side to install. (Done from underneath the front. Three screws hold the lower plastic cover between the front of the tyre and the front of the bumper, facing the ground)

First image is of the 35w 4200k HiD bulbs that have just been fitted. (The 5000k had too much aqua in them)

Second image is of the yellow fog lights 3000k Golden Yellow, by themselves.

Third image is both low beam and fog lights.

Fourth image is from the front, fog lights only on. Notice how the lights look white from the front, but produce a golden yellow light on the road.

Interesting picture, this is when both the low beam HiD and the fog light HiD are first turned on. Low beam starts off a purple/white colour, the fog lights start off a strange green/blue colour.

All up I now have six HiD bulbs (Low Beam, High Beam, Fog lights) installed in the i30.

Bling bling with the bright lights!  8-)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Looks Great Thumper... Thanks for the pix...

You're the man.... :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline i30manUK

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England
Those look like the babies - nice 1 Thumper. Can you post a link please, so I know exactly what you got? I've looked for bulbs of a similar spec, here for example - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-XENO ... otohosting - but I don't want to get the wrong thing. I know the ones in the link are H1's.

They won't overheat will they? I know nothing about electrics, by the way  :oops:

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Quote from: "dazzling_darryl"
Looks Great Thumper... Thanks for the pix...

You're the man.... :D

Quote from: "i30manUK"
Those look like the babies - nice 1 Thumper. Can you post a link please, so I know exactly what you got? I've looked for bulbs of a similar spec, here for example - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-XENO ... otohosting - but I don't want to get the wrong thing. I know the ones in the link are H1's.

They won't overheat will they? I know nothing about electrics, by the way  8-)

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain
Thumper that looks great! thanks for the pictures and info  ;)

Offline CHB

• 2nd Gear
Looks good :)

interesting colour it makse when both are on

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

• Hyundai i30 CRDi '07 100,000km
hey thumper, you said that you put 55W HID's in your car, after a bit of research..arent the 55W illegal?? like, they make the car non road legal? i just bought a 4200k 35w low beam kit...and daym! you got ur hid's cheap...will check ur seller now to see bout the fog lights..not really into changing the high beams, think that are good enough already

thx..

ps nice pics!

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
They are 50w high intensity HiD bulbs and ballasts. (High beam in Australia can be as bright as you want, as long as it's white in colour)

The issue is with low beam in Australia, the Police (And rego) get a little picky with HiD low beam (Pattern, glare and colour)

Offline Nessa

• 2nd Gear
Weird question but- can you install fog lights on an SX that doesn't have them?

Offline YOSOYPEPO

• 3rd Gear

• es Spain
      Spain

• Spanish i30 driver
    • http://www.i30.es
I've a question:

what type of bulb have i30 in the fog light?  h8?

lindlake
Installed 35w 3000k Golden Yellow HiD 881 fog light bulbs in the standard i30 fog lights.

Installing a 881 HiD system in the i30 is plug-and-play. Took me roughly 5 mins each side to install. (Done from underneath the front. Three screws hold the lower plastic cover between the front of the tyre and the front of the bumper, facing the ground)

First image is of the 35w 4200k HiD bulbs that have just been fitted. (The 5000k had too much aqua in them)

where did you get the yellow 881 i have been on ebay no luck

Second image is of the yellow fog lights 3000k Golden Yellow, by themselves.

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
where did you get the yellow 881 i have been on ebay no luck

Hi mate. Thumper no longer has the club as his "homepage"  :rolleyes: so it might be quicker if you email him :)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

• Hyundai i30 CRDi '07 100,000km
yeah, i had sent an email to thumper before about diff stuff and still didnt get a reply...

but what I did to look for 881 HID's on ebay is just chuck in 811 xenon kit and search all parameters and a couple of links come up (atleast on the aust. ebay site)

Offline ghines

• 2nd Gear
Hi,

Did anyone ever manage to find out where to get the Yellow 881 HiD Kits mentioned here?

TIA

Greg

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Hi,

Did anyone ever manage to find out where to get the Yellow 881 HiD Kits mentioned here?

TIA

Greg

Sorry for not replying sooner, been away for a while.

I purchased the foglight kit from a eBay seller called AutoLuminate. Link http://myworld.ebay.com.au/autoluminate/

Just search for 881 and 3000k colour temp. (Golden Yellow)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal