i30 Owners Club

Speedo stopped working on 2011 i30 petrol. My son's car playing up again.

Maxfix · 9 · 4776

Offline Maxfix

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Nambour

• 1.6 Turbo desiel manual cw, great car.
New second hand motor and everything is going well until the speedo stopped working. I removed air box and checked all connections and wiring to I guess what is the speed sensor near the output shafts on the manual gearbox. I also checked all fuses and it's still not working.  Anyone got any ideas?
  • 2010 Hyundai i30 CW Desiel manual. My son's 2011 2l petrol manual hatchback .

Offline Maxfix

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Nambour

I've discovered that the SNSR2 fuse keep blowing which effects the speed sensor and the stop lamp switch. The stop lights are still working which is weird.\

Offline Maxfix

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Nambour

The SNR2 fuse does not only applies the the vehicle speed sensor. It also applies to the stop lamp switch, pulse generator A&B and the PCB. The stop lamps work and the car runs great except the speedo doesn't work. The fuse immediately blows when the ignition is turned on. Any ideas. The fuse blew approximately 100 kms after fitting another engine, so I don't think it is related.   

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Mate, sounds like finger trouble.  :mrgreen:

you may have scraped insulation on the loom to the speed sensor???????????

No harm in disconnecting to sensor and see if fuses keep blowing.

Not sure if its the same car, brake switch causing ESP off. ?? May be worth looking there, anyway, it is a safety issue so Hyundai will replace it free.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Maxfix

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Nambour

I found the plug that connects to the speedo drive and the speedo drive connection itself has shorted out through the plastic. I have to replace the speedo drive as well as a short piece of the wiring loom that connects to the major loom. Hyundai parts Caloundra want $125 for the speedo drive. Outrageously expensive for such a small part.

Offline Maxfix

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Nambour

Anyone know where i can get a speedo drive sensor and that small piece of connecting wire loom for a reasonable price.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Wreckers ?, or source of engine ?
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
source of engine ?

Korea?   :stoned: Its in lock down,   :evil: :evil:

This is the drive and sensor on the gear box??? No doubt theres a cheap one here Max.  :wink:

Loom no. Hyundai wrecking Caloundra should have that, if Gus is in a good mood.

• FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
source of engine ?

Korea?   :stoned: Its in lock down,   :evil: :evil:

This is the drive and sensor on the gear box??? No doubt theres a cheap one here Max.  :wink:

Loom no. Hyundai wrecking Caloundra should have that, if Gus is in a good mood.

On the ball there mate,  :D
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal