i30 Owners Club

Washed my car and it grew

John B · 13 · 1735

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Hi guys got a confession to make and please don't throw eggs at me. :scared: I washed the i30 last week and it grew into a Toyota Kluger  :faint:  Have had nothing but  painful back problems for a long while now ( joys of getting older ) and getting in out of the i30 has not been pleasant so I decided I needed a vehicle that was easier to enter. I have been looking for a reasonably priced hyundai SUV but the Kluger gave me so much more room. The fuel usage with the V6 engine is obviously going to be quite a bit more but is great to drive so I am willing to accept that. The i30 has been a great car and hopefully the Kluger (according to reviews ) will give me the same reliability. Still would like to stay with i30 club with friends (Hopefully ) I have made over the years .

Cheers John.
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
All good, John.
Lower back problems were what prompted me to sell my i30.
Fortunately I didn't need to go as big as a 4WD though.
All I needed was a slightly higher seat to get into. The Corolla did that for me.

Plenty of us here now don't have a Hyundai to our name. (Well, maybe not plenty, but some).  :whistler:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Thanks mate, I was reluctant to let the i30 go as it had really low kms but I am now hoping that I can get out more. I do enjoy driving the Kluger with the higher seat and road view. The Corolla is a nice vehicle and also gets great reviews on it's reliability.  :goodjob2:   There is a lot of knowledge on the hyundai i30 on this forum that has been so helpful and the members so friendly, the humour keeps me chuckling. I guess I will have to find a Toyoto Kluga forum if I have problems and hope it is as welcoming as this one.

• Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I shuffled around Toyota based forums when I bought the Corolla.
All very unexciting TBH.

I stopped bothering.   :mrgreen:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Yes I think the i30 club has spoilt us. I was on a Caravan forum for a very short time in earlier days, they were like a load of spoilt kids and lots of insults thrown around, not my scene.
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Good luck with it, Sloop :victory:

I had to "goog the kloog" to view images of it - not too shabby I have to say :D  I've had 3 RAV4s so I appreciate the height and accessibility advantages of these high motors.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Thanks Shambles. Very impressed with it so far, so much room in it. I do like the Rav4s, the Kluger came up for sale at the right time right price so I jumped for it.  like you say it is nice to sit up higher and see what is going on ahead of you in the traffic. The wife reckons it's to big for her so she is not going to drive it, bummer looks like I will have to take her shopping now. :lol:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Congrats John,

All good mate! Some of our best and most loved members now drive Toyotas..  :D

Please stay around and if you do have any issues with the Kluger (unlikely) I'm sure we will be able to help you anyway.

I have made a few posts in various Toyota Forums (i've had 4 o 5 Toyotas over the years) but they are generally pretty boring and not very active. :cool:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I have made a few posts ... but they are generally pretty boring and not very active.
:rofl:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Thanks Dazz, I can see a few members have Toyotas. Will not be going anywhere, I know I have not been on here much lately but I do enjoy catching up on all the goss and the humour. Nice to know if I get any problems I can still post about it on here. :goodjob2:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
I have made a few posts ... but they are generally pretty boring and not very active.

Trust you to pick that up Gonz. :lol:  I think Dazz will have some reply soon. :lol:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Enjoy the new car.

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Trust you to pick that up Gonz. :lol:  I think Dazz will have some reply soon. :lol:

:mrgreen:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal