i30 Owners Club

Hyundai i30 2010 Right Hand Drive Fascia Panel

Offline ryanoleary

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Portsmouth, England
Hi everyone,

This is my first post after I've just purchased my first car and I am very pleased to have joined the club.

I've purchased an aftermarket Sony stereo (double din, see attachments) and I've just found out that the fascia panel I ordered from China only fits left-hand drive Hyundais  :blubber:

Please can anyone help me find a right-hand drive fascia panel for my car, Hyundai i30 Comfort 2010? All I can find is left-hand drive ones, they must be out there somewhere.

Many thanks,
R

• i30 Comfort 1.4 2009

Offline LesterPK

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth
Try Ebay Australia, seen a few on there.  Postage won't be cheap though.
  • 2009 FD cw Wagon, petrol 2L, Auto, White

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Wow that is interesting - I thought the RH drive version would have been the more prevalent (i.e. someone with a LH drive i30 would have a problem).

I know some ebay sellers sell a kit of a surround/insert for 2DIN headunit (i.e. most after market) instead... the idea being take the fascia of your car and cut out parts out to make the hole big enough to take the insert and secure the insert (I assume by glue or maybe there are clips - but you would need to get the cutting just right).

If I were doing that - I might try to find a fascia panel at a wreckers to modify.   In case I wanted to take the aftermarket out and refit the OEM - such as for selling the vehicle... but that is just me.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
If it gets this hard, I'm definitely going with 3D printing a mirror of the available type.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
(NERD ALERT)
I may not have the sample for mirroring the fascia panel yet, but here's what I did today to show the possible. A base to support my Star Trek phaser in an upright position, in gold PLA.

• Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal