i30 Owners Club

Transmission Range Sensor problem

Offline Flooter

• 1st Gear

• Brisbane
Hello,

Looks like my car has partially faulty Transmission Range Sensor (also known as Park Neutral Position switch (PNP), the gear selection switch, or a PRNDL input switch). Occasionally engine does not start so I have to move gear selector back and forth.

Could you guys give me a hint about where it is installed and how to access it?
Is it somewhere inside the cabin so I need to remove plastic covers there and dig deeper or it is accessible from the boot or from underneath?

Any ideas about how much it might cost me to get it fixed/replaced in Brisbane, Australia?

Thank you.
  • 2013 GD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.8lt, Auto, Grey

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Hello,

Looks like my car has partially faulty Transmission Range Sensor (also known as Park Neutral Position switch (PNP), the gear selection switch, or a PRNDL input switch). Occasionally engine does not start so I have to move gear selector back and forth.

Could you guys give me a hint about where it is installed and how to access it?
Is it somewhere inside the cabin so I need to remove plastic covers there and dig deeper or it is accessible from the boot or from underneath?

Any ideas about how much it might cost me to get it fixed/replaced in Brisbane, Australia?

Thank you.

Never heard back from you about brake & uphill stall  :whistler:

I will leave this one in the hands of Lester @eye30 .
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Flooter

• 1st Gear

• Brisbane
Never heard back from you about brake & uphill stall
Sorry nzenigma, I am not quite sure what you mean.
You advised me to seek professional mechanic to further check/fix my problem then I approached you via PM asking for a good one and you suggested a guy there. Thanks for that but what I was supposed to do then? I apologize  if I did something wrong - I definitely did not mean that.

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
No worries mate,  :goodjob2: :goodjob2: I assume the fault hasn't been diagnosed yet.

Caught me at a moment of transition.
Over the years, I have spent a lot of time here trying to sort members faults, about 90% never come back with the outcome, let alone a mention of thanks.
I'll try to get a few moments to sort you out. Cheers.  :cool:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Park and Neutral start at ignition is controlled electronically.

Cable adjustment is at the box (4)

Offline 22over7

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Blue Mountains NSW
Thanks for that nzenigma.

My car has the same issue.  :neutral:
It hasn't bothered me enough to fix it yet, but now I know where to look when it does.  :goodjob2:
  • 2012 GD 5 door Hatch, 1.8l petrol, Auto, Silver, Elite.

Offline Flooter

• 1st Gear

• Brisbane
Thanks nzenigma for your input,
for some reason the forum does not send me notification when someone answers my post so I may unintentionally missed something.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal