• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
Jonesy37, a word of caution. The pdf showing how to remove the oil filter is for 1.6 diesel, whereas your car is a 2.0 litre diesel, which was available on the early FD i30. Looking at online car parts suppliers, the oil filter for this engine may be a metal screw-on type, rather than the paper cartridge type under the screw-on plastic housing. To remove the metal can type you would need an oil filter wrench to grip it tight enough.
  • i30 CRD

Offline br90

• 1st Gear

• Midlands
The oil filter on the 2.0 crdi sits at the back of the block but is facing upwards, which makes it an absolute pain to get off. If you looking at the engine from the front of the car, it's on the left hand side at the bottom, you have to reach down the back of the engine and screw it off(it's a canister type) once it's off oil will go all over the bottom of the engine and subframe.

You could try and unscrew it from below too, no idea why they put it in an awkward position
  • 2.0 crdi

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
I had a Mk2 Mondeo with the oil filter behind the engine block, I had to take the front wheel off and remove the wheel arch liner to get to it.
  • i30 CRD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal