i30 Owners Club

Hyundai i30 2014 Head unit upgrade

Offline Maxzone88

• 1st Gear
Hi I recently bought my Hyundai i30 2014. I was on tight budget, so was not thinking about reverse camera option that time. Now I realise I definitely need a reverse camera. I am not sure my existing head unit can support reverse camera or not. Or I have to change my head unit then reverse camera which gonna cost me a lot. Anyone been to same situation like me. Please let me know.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I reckon it would be possible to get a small aftermarket cam wired into the reverse function, the powered A9 reverse wire is already in the head units harness which I had to cut when upgrading to the GD-03 head unit since I didn't have the factory reverse camera option either.

Another option is a reverse mirror camera (pictured below) which I had done not long after buying mine 7 years ago, works well but if I'd known the reverse wires were already in the harness I would have looked into getting the same rear cam I used hooked straight into the head unit.

Offline Maxzone88

• 1st Gear
I have checked with few auto mechanic. Few of them said I can install a reverse camera on this unit. Few other said, I need a new head unit. Don't know who to believe. If I can install the reverse camera on to my current unit that will be better for me. Thank you so much for your information.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I'd be speaking to a car audio shop, they generally know more about the stereo capabilities :)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal