i30 Owners Club

2012 Hyundai I30 Intermittent Radio and Bluetooth problems

Kayser · 4 · 6412

Offline Kayser

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth
I'm hoping someone may be able to help - I am having intermittent radio and bluetooth problems in my 2012 Hyundai I30.

•   Sometimes (not always) the radio does not sound like it’s tuned into a station correctly with lots of static.  Then it will come right without any particular reason.  This problem seems to be getting worse.
•   When you stop the car then restart the engine, the radio will not come back on automatically, requiring you to turn off the radio for a period before turning it back on and the radio then works.
•   Bluetooth radio doesn’t play properly (playing podcasts from phone).Cutting in and out (sometimes, not always).
•   I’ve had feedback that callers can’t hear me properly when speaking on the phone via Bluetooth.  They say it sounds like there is a lot of background noise.
  • 2012 Hyundai I30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcome:

Is yours a series one (FD) or Series 2 (GD) model? 2012 was a transition year.

Disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery for a minimum of 30 minutes may reset things back to normal (unlikely, but it is the easiest thing to try for starters)

The first issue  sounded a bit like an Aerial connection issue maybe but the others are so random I'm suspecting maybe a dry solder joint on a circuit board in the unit itself.

I'm neither an auto electrician or a mechanic so obviously I'm only guessing. Hope other have some more educated suggestions.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Kayser

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth
Thanks very much for responding.  Its a GD model.

Will give your suggestions a go and see what happens.
  • 2012 Hyundai I30

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
If it's a problematic system on an early GD model I'm guessing it's the non satnav unit?  if so they don't last long unfortunately :disapp:

Mine also broke some years ago and the best and easiest option was to purchase a GD-03 unit (non satnav) including connecting cable and USB module from Stanvac Wreckers, very simple plug and play change over.

The 03 unit doesn't have a CD player so keep that in mine if that's a required feature, though it does have Apple CarPlay/Android Auto :)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal