i30 Owners Club

Side Mirror: Which of the cables here is the folding motor?

Kaan · 6 · 1618

Offline Kaan

• 1st Gear

• tr Turkey
Hello to everyone. My English is bad, I'm sorry.
The folding gears of the mirrors of my 2009 Model Hyundai i30 car broke down and the engine wasted. I removed the sockets of the mirrors, but I saw that the signals were not working.
Which of the cables here is the folding motor? Because I want the signals to work, not to fold, it's okay. What color cable do I need to cut to cancel the folding motor?
Does anyone know about this?

Right Mirror

Left Mirror

• Hyundai i30 1.6 Cvvt 2009

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Could try checking voltage with indicators/ blinkers turned on .
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline BlueI30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I have the same issue but do not know the correct wiring diagram .
For now I have unplugged the mirror (same as you) but I will be buying replacement part to fix the problem  . You could buy from supplier in Turkey here :link: Bross Auto Parts BGE552 Left or Right Side Electrical Wing Mirror Repair Motor metal gear for Hyundai I30 Chevrolet Captiva Turkey Store| | - AliExpress

Offline Gelf

• 1st Gear
I had the same issue, so I followed the excellent write-up linked below to partially disassemble the mirror and just unplugged the two wire connector going to the folding motor. Job done!

:link: HOW TO: i30 Side Mirror Cover, and Indicator, Removal/Replacement - FD MY10

Offline BlueI30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I sourced the part and had my local auto electrcian replace it .. he charged 90 minutes labour (first time he had done one) which I thought was pretty good . He also mentioned it was a bastard of a job and recommended not trying it at home

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal