i30 Owners Club

reverse camera change to non oem camera

Bigrt · 4 · 1492

Offline Bigrt

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      uk
Hi all, im new here so please be patient, the wifes rear view camera has given up the ghost, dont want to go down main dealer route to fit a new one, was wondering if anybody has changed theirs to one of the chineze ones off ebay, eBay item number:224088517949, camera looks the same on the outside, but is wiring the same ie plug and play, we have a 2012 i30 tourer, so its the one under by number plate lights, but not built into lights. Thanks in advance for any intel. :crazy1:
  • i 30 touring 2012,

Offline Bigrt

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      uk
I have bought one off ebay now cost £42.99, part number 95760- 2T101.
Fitted the hole perfectly, but had to splice the wires as the plug was different, quite an easy job in the end.
  • i 30 touring 2012,

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Good to see. Firty has a rear view mirror with invisibly integrated screen (comes on in the centre of the mirror with reverse gear selected) and the camera in that kit is  the most common little black thing you'll find on eBay. RCA connectors seem to be a common interface for this type. :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline gmc

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Western Australia
I have bought one off ebay now cost £42.99, part number 95760- 2T101.
Fitted the hole perfectly, but had to splice the wires as the plug was different, quite an easy job in the end.
Hi Bigrt, do you have any details on the old connector. I have a 2014 Tourer that doesn't have a camera installed but I think is wired for one ie. there is a uncommitted connector (about 6 contacts) in the tail gate.
  • 2014 Tourer

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal