i30 Owners Club

agents CB mod

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
fitted a CB to the i30 today!!! a GME TX3440 was quite an easy fit up really. 

the hardest part was pulling the center console out... those damm clips holding the gear surround down were a nightmare to release!!

anyways i put the under the main body under cigarette lighter, and aux power output, to be more specific its mounted under the gear shifter cables! the "mic" wire runs under the center console coming out where the ipod cable would, the areial is mounted on the front windscreen (similar areial to a mobile phone one) the areial cable runs down the a pillar, beside the glove box then under the carpet at the back to the canter console!

the power is spliced into the cigarette lighter wiring as there are 2 seperate sources for the aux power and cig lighter. obviously i dont use the cigarette lighter and i dont want to tap into the aux power incase i want to run things from it!

all in all im quite pleased with the install in typical agentr31 fashion its all neat and tidy and can be reversed with ease! the only thing thats permanent is the a piller trim had to have a 5mm round cut out put in it for the coax right by the glass :(

heres a photo of the unit!

i probably should have done a write up on how to remove the center console but meh its not hard aye and if you need help PM me

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Don't think I've seen anyone in the UK with a CB since the 1980s. Maybe they got banned.

I'm sure you'd get 3 points and 60 quid for picking that up while driving here.

Offline Edition

• 2nd Gear
What are you planning on doing with the CB?? (Dont get these in the UK anymore)

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
you dont have any form of citizen band? wow we have two 27mhz *yawns* thats old school... and UHF i think its 477mhz... i spend 2 hours a day on the highway mainly in traffic so ill use the truckies channel (40) to tell if the highway is rooted or not! plus when i get sick and tired of the music radio, i listen to the repeaters, channels 1-8!! sure a lot of idiots get on there but it makes it interesting!!

plus the one i have bought has 59 extra programmable channels from 403mhz to 520mhz (non transmitting though) so ive programmed in the local police channel, local fire channel and ambulance and a few others to listen to...

i dont see how the police could fine you for using a CB in the car... they use them too, so that would be rather comical seeing them book someone then use theirs!!!

Offline Edition

• 2nd Gear
ah right ok, I spend the same time on the motorway each day, sounds interesting. In the UK its illegal to use your phone whilst driving. Using one of this is very similar!

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Well as this is a "modification" I took it out of the "diesel pics" thread :rolleyes:

So there :P
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
*throws out the GME and puts harrier on the dash*

hrmm if i knew this was going to get a new name i would have taken some good photos!!!

i might wash the i30 today and get some pics of it, showing the how the boost gauge was put on, where the turbo timer is placed and how the CB is installed...

the only problem i have is everything is "hidden" LOL

^^^edit^^^ its probably usless i take photos... its usually late afternoon/night when i put things in the car as i do it after work on a friday or during the week bah fail...

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club

hrmm if i knew this was going to get a new name i would have taken some good photos!!!

Fair point. But you posted your CB addition in your "diesel pics" post, whereas our members would benefit more from a new thread showing the "mod" as added. And well done for fitting something you felt you needed and describing your fitting method :)

Hence, the new thread :D
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
the finished produce!!!

where the cable runs into the center console

the arieal i used from outside

the little mod i had to do inside for the coax

Offline Aberdeen

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide SOUTH AUSTRALIA
Hey Agentr31 - A big thanks for this post and photos.  Just bought an i30 SLX diesel CW last week... I have been pondering where and how to fit a similar unit to yours... Probably the GME TX3340.  If you have any other photos still lying around re the undercover fittings etc I would be more than happy to see them.
Regards from Adelaide S.A.
  • MY11 CW SLX DIESEL

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal