i30 Owners Club

Supervision Instrument Cluster installation - cruise control issue

Offline GHuberger

• 2nd Gear
Supervision Instrument Cluster instalation. Plug and play very easy. Electrician arranged kilometers. Only one problem. Cluster has cruise control. And my car does not have it. So the cruise control indicator is stuck and "off" is blinking. When I change "trip" to other option it returns back to cruise control after few seconds. Any idea anyone? Maybe to reset cluster in hyundai authorized dealer service? Thank you

Poslano sa mog SNE-LX1 koristeći Tapatalk

Offline j_a_h_2077

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Springfield, Australia
Hi,

Sorry I don't have any help for this one (especially since the icon is within the LCD).

I know that when I changed mine (I have a GD), if you use the factory scan tool (or Chinese knock-off), there is an option in the instrumentation panel  settings for the instrument cluster to be reprogrammed to match the options which are available for your car (but doesn't alter mileage). If you can find someone who has the tool + software installed (I ended up getting mine from Aliexpress), you maybe able to see if that helps. Or you may have a friendly dealer / garage with the hardware and they maybe able to try it for you.

I know for someone who replaced their GD display, they had an issue with the electronic park brake, and I think they removed the LED on the PCB itself. I never had that option light show up (even before I reprogrammed the settings on the display), but that LED never displayed for me.
  • 2014 i30 'Trophy' (1.6 CRDI)

Offline GHuberger

• 2nd Gear
Yes already tried in Hyundai authorized dealer service but they don't know to reprogram it. Saying that on FD model is different then GD model. So maybe the FD supervision cluster came only with facelift model and was available only with cruise control equipment. Unfortunetly I can't install cruise control on mine (year 2009).

Offline GHuberger

• 2nd Gear
I found this pinout where i30 supervision cluster was connected to elantra 2007. Writen by pen is elantra. B17 is "cruise". So maybe to connect B17 cruise somewhere else? Or just disconnect that wire?

« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 12:26:24 by The Gonz »

Offline GHuberger

• 2nd Gear
Neighbour came with facelift 2011 but he has not have cruise control. Works fine on his. No Cruise control message. His B connector has one extra blue wire in the corner

Offline GHuberger

• 2nd Gear
Just to inform you:
Difference is:

Neighbour has cruise and limitator wire going on BCM. I only have cruise. My BCM does not support limitator. So maybe that pin connect to + or - on 12V to give him false signal? What do you think?

Offline GHuberger

• 2nd Gear
Some new info. I tried pin 11 on connector C(limitator) connecting on ground and +12 but not working. Now I discovered that pin 15 on connector A is giving power to cruise control so maybe to connect +12 on A-15

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal