i30 Owners Club

how many much fuel left when the fuel light goes on?

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
G'day all,

I have a 2010 i30cw Diesel. Its the base model so it isn't fitted with a trip computer. I'm curious to know at what point the fuel light goes on, how many litres of fuel is left, and about how much further can I go?

Thanks

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
This question has been asked before on this site. There is no exact answer but the light comes on in my diesel hatch when there is around 106 kms remaining (according to the trip computer) and after driving another 50 odd it goes to -- and I always thought that meant there was no more than 50kms left but some say they have driven a further 70kms or more after that appears...

Try a few different words in the search function to find more comments... :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

I have a 2010 i30cw Diesel.. I'm curious to know at what point the fuel light goes on, how many litres of fuel is left,

5 litres left or thereabouts.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Fiery Red 2019 Premium!
    • Mutley Productions
I have driven 160kms after the light came on when it said 116kms to go. Only ended up with half a litre left when I got to the servo so I wouldn't recommend doing that. If you aim for 100km after the light comes on then that'd be a safe bet. :wink: :cool: :D

I would guesstimate about 7L left.

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
G'day all,

I have a 2010 i30cw Diesel. Its the base model so it isn't fitted with a trip computer. I'm curious to know at what point the fuel light goes on, how many litres of fuel is left, and about how much further can I go?

Thanks

Cheeky answer alert :P :P :wink:

The light comes on when the fuel level in the tank drops below a certain level, at which point I would recommend going as far as the next fuel station and topping up which will switch off the light.
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
WARNING

If your car stops because of no fuel beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diesels have to be primed and it may require professional help.
Petrol will also need to be primed.

With both just think of the Cr*p that may be sucked up into the system and then ........................... you may need professional help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as the jets are blocked etc.

You never know where you will stop - fast lane of a M/way, some dark road, XX miles from civilisation, etc etc etc.

So I would suggest you follow bumpkin's advice and fill up ASAP.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal