New i30 1.6 diesel 6 speed economy

AlanHo · 10 · 4637

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I brimmed the tank just after taking delivery of my shiny new silver i30 Premium 6 speed diesel on Sept 6th and 3 weeks later the fuel gauge was reading a quarter full. We are off on holiday to Cornwall - a journey of 280 miles - so I just brimmed the tank again.  I have been careful, after reading information on this forum, to make sure the tank is properly brimmed - it takes a few minutes extra time - but who cares.

Between fills the car has done 494 miles and it took on 45.88 litres (10.09 gallons).

Actual consumption was therefore 48.96 mpg - the trip computer showed 49.4 mpg so is slightly fast.  I think this converts to roughly 5.8 l/100 Km

So far the car has not done any long journeys - mainly being used about town and a couple of 60 mile round trips on motorways. I am quite pleased with the performance - it will be interesting to see what consumption I get on today’s long trip.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Depends on how much weight on board, but I'd expect you to really good mpg on a long motorway run.

Oh, and pack plenty of jumpers.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Have a safe trip Alan.. will be interested in more feedback about economy and performance on your return  :razz:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

Journey down - 280 miles with cruise set at 65 mph for most of the way - computer showed 58.7 mpg. Car laden with luggage, supplies for a week's stay in a rented cottage, my booze, management's total wardrobe and the proverbial kitchen sink.

The car is only 4 weeks old so I presume everything is "tight" at present. Very pleased with the drive - the car is comfortable, excellent gearbox (except for 1st gear ratio) and has lots of grunt when needed. I hate the 17" Hankook tyres though - they are so noisy on rough tarmac - not too bad on the new low noise motorway tarmac - but still much worse than the Dunlop Sports on my previous Audi. I also feel that their wet grip is below par. I may change them and try and sell the present ones.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Glad to hear your feedback is mostly positive Alan... :cool:

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

I just returned from holiday. We left the holiday cottage in the early hours of the morning to avoid the Saturday holiday traffic. All but the first few miles were on dual carriageway roads and motorways so I was able to set the cruise at 80 mph and relied on my sat-nav to warn me about speed cameras on the way.  We met no traffic to hold us up and the computer recorded a fuel consumption of 51.8 mpg over the overall distance of 286 fast miles (5.4 litres/100 Km).

I brimmed the tank during the holiday and the actual fuel consumption - over the first 974 miles since I had the car 4 weeks ago - works out at 52.7 mpg (5.3 Litres/100 Km)

I am very pleased with how frugal this car is - yet so lively.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

That's gr8 Alan .. glad we managed to convince you not to buy something else.. :mrgreen:

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

Why hijack this thread to talk about something that is nothing to do with the subject matter.

The carrying capacity of the i30 estate should really be the subject of a new thread.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Fair call Alan.. I'll split them off... :wink:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal