i30 Owners Club

UK 5 year Warranty and roadside assistance

Bobb · 4 · 1666

Offline Bobb

• 1st Gear
I have had my i30 Premium Deisel Estate for just over a month, it replaces a Citroen Xsara Picasso which I ran for five years. I am please with my choice, still getting used to some of the differences especially with the onboard computer.
Looking at the Hyundai UK website, particular at the 5 year Roadside Assistance offered through the RAC, it states . Cover is also provided for a total of 31 days' travel, in every year, in mainland Europe.

My Hyundai Roadside Assistance Handbook which came with the car, on page 00/11 states '  SERVICE WHILST ABROAD - Please note that any number of journeys are covered within the five years cover each up to 90 days in duration but not for longer duration.'

This 90 day statement seems to contradicts the information on the Hyundai website which refers to 31 days. I regularly travel to France and often stay for up to 60 days,  has anybody any idea which is correct or am I comparing apples and oranges?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Bobb welcome to the club.. I cant help with that question but I'm sure some of your fellow UK members will have an opinion.. :razz:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi Bobb

To be absolutely sure you'll have to call the guys who would be providing the service, should you be unfortunate enough to need them. After all, it's them that you ring when in need....
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
As above

I take it you would have to provide travel dates to confirm.

PS it may be worth checking to see if you can get European cover as a small £ add on so then you have peace of mind.

PPS this is roadside cover. 
What is the warranty cover if you manage to get it to a Hy dealer to fix. 
Is that unlimited?

If so then you may only have to pay for recovery.
But check your European car insurance to see if recovery this covered?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal