i30 Owners Club

Caltex Vortex premium Diesel, helping economy?

Lakes · 9 · 3621

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
hi all, well i'm excited as i have done 860k on the one tank so far all within Sydney, this is my second fill with Caltex Vortex i like it, the gauge reads just past half way i think 1,000 easy maybe 1,100 all in sydney i think i'm seeing more economy gain with this fuel than with pipe change, when i take pipe off i'll know for sure, but i'm waiting to get my scan gauge to get some readings to go off then i'll change back to stock pipe and see if anything to do with economy changes and if i can feel a loss in performance.

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Good luck pal, keep us posted :)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
What is that in MPH so I can see how that compares with mph.

Use Poms can't get a grip with l/100 kms!!
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

ouri30
eye30,

282.45 / litres per 100km = mpg (imperial or British, not US).

Hope that helps,

Bob

Offline foxey

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I've put 4 tankfuls of that Vortex Premium in mine and frankly I haven't seen much difference - if anything maybe about 0.5l/100k.. this week I've put a tank of Shell in and the economy is as good if not better than any of the tanks of Vortex..  prior to this tank of Shell I put one tank of standard Caltex in and the economy was not as good as the Shell.. I still maintain that they (whoever 'they' are) .. they are doing something to the fuel, you can get good fuel and you can get poor fuel, I've noticed it in my Lancer petrol engine as well, sometimes the fuel is so good that the economy is excellent. other times it is so bad.. and the driving conditions are always about the same.. I've come to the conclusion that some stations are better than others and I'm noting which ones give me better fuel economy and I'm going to try to use those and document the results .. if I find that that one station is consistently better than another then I'll investigate further.. Bottom line.. for me, Vortex Premium makes very little if any difference to economy and/or performance.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
foxy, would have to agree about fuel specialy diesel some operators put pesticide in the fuel. i'm having luck with the vortex from gladesville i've never used shell in my i30, but thats what the trucks we have use,but if i get 1,100 from a tank b4 the light comes on and all in sydney it will be my best effort in sydney.
cheers

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
well i did 950k  all in sydney and gauge was reading 1/4 left so i filled up again with vortex @ gladesville got 49L in so i make that out @ 5.1L/100K  correct me if i'm wrong so that's about what i normaly get driving the same way, so no gain in economy in the city also no gain in economy in the city with the sport muffler, i'll be going out to my GF's this weekend leaving from work friday afternoon, i'll driver easier than last time and drive same as i did when i got 4.4L/100K doing this trip when car was almost new. if no gain in economy i'll put the stock muffler back on as its an easy job, i'll keep useing the vortex as motor runs nice with it also was $1.70.9 and while i filled up a truck and a small bus both filled up with same fuel they both like it too.If professionals with experience like it.....

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I changed to Mobile Diesel, but could notice it is less responcive , so i'm going back to Caltex Vortex. have not checked economy with the mobile yet. also the Vortex is much easier to fill up as less foam.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Quote from: "eye30"
What is that in MPH so I can see how that compares with mph.

Use Poms can't get a grip with l/100 kms!!
eye just think of 100K as 60miles and 4.54Litres is one Gallion imperial.
Cheers

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal