UK 2 year service costs?

Gibber · 8 · 5560

Offline Gibber

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      North Yorkshire

• 1.4 Comfort.
Hi,

Just wanted an idea of 2nd year 25k mile service costs. My original Hyundai dealer says £274 for a 1.4 comfort model. Going to ring around closer to the time but seems expensive compared to my Ford Focus diesel which was around £200 and wanted to stick to a main dealer.

Thanks
Steve

Sent from my HTC Desire
  • 1.4 Comfort 2009

Offline Talking Hoarse

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Winchcombe, Glos
Agreed.  Mine (albeit a CRDi) hasnt had its 1st service.  I asked dealer about costs with a view to a plan /package - there was no saving there for me, and as I recall 1st service was £150 ish (for an oil change and a look as I gather), 2nd service would be over 2x that (so £600+ for 3 services). 
When I asked why the increase for 2nd year, I was told that there was an "extensive examination" and that they change the brake fluid & gearbox oil.  Not sure about the latter on the schedule, but I reckon brake fluid change will take them all of 20 minutes and use maybe £5 worth of fluid.
Good value - I think not and will look around nearer the time, particularly as I am unimpressed with the dealer service during some recent warranty work.
Ed

Offline Gibber

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      North Yorkshire

• 1.4 Comfort.
Yes, with my previous car the dealerships often wanted over the odds until you started playing one off against another. It was amazing how in around 5 to 10 mins you could get one garage to knock £40 off their starting price like for like. Only problem with Hyundai is their dealerships a less in number resulting in less competition.

Steve

Sent from my HTC Desire
  • 1.4 Comfort 2009

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi

Offline Gibber

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      North Yorkshire

• 1.4 Comfort.
My 2nd year service is done and dusted, three dealerships wanted £270 to £280. Forth dealership wanted £223, so my 1st choice price matched down from £274. I think they just used a cheaper oil to get the price down.

Sent from my HTC desire
  • 1.4 Comfort 2009

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I think they just used a cheaper oil to get the price down.

Does your bill show oil grade etc.  If not ask dealer for details

Check that it agrees to that detailed in the book otherwise if you need a warranty repair on the engine HY could void warranty due to incorrect oil used....
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Gibber

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      North Yorkshire

• 1.4 Comfort.
It's certainly fine just not your fully synthetic, castrol instead of shell. Right specs, mind you it would be hard pressed not to get the right oil with the petrol.

Sent from my HTC Desire
  • 1.4 Comfort 2009

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal