i30 Owners Club

My 1st Service - 1.4 Petrol

Offline Myowni30

• 5th Gear

• Midlands, UK
Had my 1st service today. Free loan car was i10 1.2L - just had to pay £10 for ins.

Like someone else posted some time ago after their service, the oil looks quite coloured (not new). And yes, they say they change it. Listed on invoice along with oil filter etc.

Not really impressed.

Cost £114.62

Offline StarSeeker

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands UK

• 1.4 Comfort in Midlands UK
Does the oil look cleaner than it was?  If so, could it be discoloured because they used a different type of oil to what you had in last time?

What oil did they use m8y?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Myowni30,

The oil in the CRDi does get VERY black between services so wouldn't take much residue to colour up the new oil just a bit..

How did you find the i10 loaner? (please don't say "I looked in the car park and there it was")
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
Hi Myowni30,

The oil in the CRDi does get VERY black between services so wouldn't take much residue to colour up the new oil just a bit..

How did you find the i10 loaner? (please don't say "I looked in the car park and there it was")
:rofl: :whistler:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Myowni30

• 5th Gear

• Midlands, UK
Hi Myowni30,

Its a PETROL  :rofl:

The i10 was very good for a small car. Thought it was a 1.4L petrol considering its go. When I looked at the sticker on the door post it was a 1.2L petrol. Good car  :goodjob:

Offline Myowni30

• 5th Gear

• Midlands, UK
Does the oil look cleaner than it was?  If so, could it be discoloured because they used a different type of oil to what you had in last time?

Did not look at the oil before the service. Just seem to think that last time I did look it was not that dark.

Have only done 5K miles.

The invoice says Shell, but not what type.

Today I noticed a bad scuff mark on the door scuff plate that was not there before the service. And this is a good one, hair, yes long hair(6-9" and about 10 strands) in the boot along with a feather, what the f**k is that all about.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Its a PETROL  :rofl:

:-[ :-[ Whoops I didn't read the heading very well did I? .. Just assumed we were talking diesel as the oil goes very black and any residue taints the fresh oil quickly (but shouldn't be like that in the petrol...) :rolleyes:

Sounds like a shame we don't get the i10 over here (as I think the i20 will need some help to replace the good numbers the Getz can generate...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Gibber

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      North Yorkshire

• 1.4 Comfort.
And this is a good one, hair, yes long hair(6-9" and about 10 strands) in the boot along with a feather, what the f**k is that all about.

Strange sexual practices? Normal on a service I would expect to pay more for that.

Sent from my HTC Desire
  • 1.4 Comfort 2009

Offline StarSeeker

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands UK

• 1.4 Comfort in Midlands UK
Does the oil look cleaner than it was?  If so, could it be discoloured because they used a different type of oil to what you had in last time?

Did not look at the oil before the service. Just seem to think that last time I did look it was not that dark.

Have only done 5K miles.

The invoice says Shell, but not what type.

On all oil changes I’ve had, the oil has been that clear its been difficult to see it on the dipstick.  If the oil did look a bit discoloured but cleaner than it was, I would be a bit suspicious whether they changed the oil, but not the filter.

I’m also from the Midlands, what dealership did you take it to?

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal