L30N · 50 · 24401

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
"The plot thickens"  :confused: :disapp:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
I was at the dealer yesterday morning, again. I had an argue with them as they told me that THERE IS NO MALFUNCTION so they won't change any part. They lubricated again the same thing and told me if it starts squeeking again to come and they will "open the clutch" and lubricate all but they need whole day for it. They also told me that they are giving their best to help me even that it is not covered by guarantee (!!!) becouse in the warranty paper it sais that "sounds that  have no influence on the operation of the vehicle are not considered malfunction and won't be covered by the guarantee" . They also said something like "it happens on some car" .

At this point, the squeeking stopped or i can hear it very hardly but i think it will come back. Then i will schedule to open the clutch. They kind of explained me what squeeks but i can't translate it, its too complicated, some levers or something... or bars... what word suits better i dont know...

Keep us posted

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
but that squeak could/will become a part malfunction because its running dry.  :idea:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Yes, failure to adequately lubricate a hidden part = faulty manufacture = warranty IMO  :'(
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
my dealerships mechanic notes all of my/our gremlins,rattles and squeaks,and because its by noted but not rectified its still a fix out of warranty. IMHO.  the reason is because it was brought to their attention but not repaired under warranty,if the fault/problem is found out of warranty it should be repaired at their cost. again,IMHO. its not my fault that a mechanic cant find a fault in a car over a 5 year warranty period,that's either stupidity or laziness on the dealers mechanics. and yet again,IMHO.  :thanks: :razz:  and I'll bet I'm not the only person that thinks this about their warranty.  :idea: :idea:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Hey Steve, you forgot to add IMHO to the end of that last sentence.... :whistler:  :rofl:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
i had it put to me recently that i must be a know it all.  :disapp: :faint:  so i added into my post that my opinion on the fault, is only my honest opinion.  :winker: :goodjob2: its very hard to come up with a possible cause or a fix for a posted fault/problem most of the time,you really need to be with the car to say,yes,that's what it is.  :cool: :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I've copped criticism when I've expressed my opinion too, Steve, so welcome to the club.... :D

All jokes aside, I know where you're coming from, sometimes it's not easy getting your point across without people taking what you say the wrong way.

Guess it's just the nature of forums.... :undecided:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
I've copped criticism when I've expressed my opinion too, Steve, so welcome to the club.... :D

All jokes aside, I know where you're coming from, sometimes it's not easy getting your point across without people taking what you say the wrong way.

Guess it's just the nature of forums.... :undecided:
i don't get offended by criticism,and part of my job at work consists of fault finding/trouble shooting.  :cool: but when a piece of motorised machinery is directly in front of you, the fault is usually found within minutes,not hours or days :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

i had it put to me recently that i must be a know it all.  :disapp: :faint: 

I don't reckon that would have been on here Rusty  :P

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
i had it put to me recently that i must be a know it all.  :disapp: :faint: 

I don't reckon that would have been on here Rusty  :P

Tassie stirrer  Devil ;)
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Ogi

• 3rd Gear

• cs Serbia
      Belgrade

• Belgrade, Serbia
Anyway, i'll probably go and schedule the "opening" of the clutch and lubricating all in there... and i will surely ask to write everything they did in the service book. I am just afraid that it may be a clutch bearing.

Now i can hear the squeaking again, not so much but its still there.

I drove 400km yesterday to Bosnia and i am once again thrilled with the engine but the clutch and gear are the worst part of my car!!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 07:01:19 by Ogi »

Offline Ogi

• 3rd Gear

• cs Serbia
      Belgrade

• Belgrade, Serbia
Monday morning i scheduled a full dismantling of the clutch and lubricating it all. I will also do a 3rd regular service.

Offline Ogi

• 3rd Gear

• cs Serbia
      Belgrade

• Belgrade, Serbia
Ok, seems that they FINALLY DID IT !!!!!

Today they changed UNDER WARRANTY (after approval of the factory) clutch fork and some ball that is going to fork (what ever that is!) and finally there is no squeak and the clutch goes down much easier now!

THANK YOU GOD !!!  :happydance:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 19:13:01 by Ogi »

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Fingers crossed that THAT'S IT :D

I didn't do that much, honestly :P
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I'm going to wait and see before celebrating ... :whistler:

Offline MadCornY

• 2nd Gear

• gr Greece
      Greece
Ok, seems that they FINALLY DID IT !!!!!

Today they changed UNDER WARRANTY (after approval of the factory) clutch fork and some ball that is going to fork (what ever that is!) and finally there is no squeak and the clutch goes down much easier now!

What do you mean "after approval of the factory"? My i30's warranty has expired, is there a chance Hyundai telling dealers to do that service under warranty?
Did they actually changed it or they just lubricated it?
  • 1.4 Petrol Steel Grey Premium

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Good news Ogi! :) Great!

MadCornY: I think Ogi's i30 is still under warranty. But the service, needs to get "approval" from the factory (Hyundai) that they can change that part under warranty.. You know how it is..if they hadn't received the approval and they replaced it anyway, they could have some problems getting money from Hyundai.

So I guess in your case...you still need to pay for it. Maybe in future, if that problem becomes "widespread", they will call in all i30's to have it replaced.. But I doubt..

Offline Ogi

• 3rd Gear

• cs Serbia
      Belgrade

• Belgrade, Serbia
Exactly what Accim said!! Yes, they CHANGED that two parts. Now the clutch moves so much easier... ni squeaking... slightly better shifting in 1st and 2nd gear. Great!! :)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal