i30 Owners Club

GPS Mod.

Guest · 39 · 10735

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
sue told me to buy one,that's a great price for all of those functions.  :goodjob: i told her you've bought one and I'll wait to see what you think of it.  :whistler: :mrgreen:

I received my new GPS in the mail this morning and after having a play around with it, I'd have to give it the big thumbs down, at this stage anyhow....  :fum:
Unless I'm missing some setting, it appears that this unit needs to be turned on and off when you want to use it....major pain in the bum compared to the Garmin which simply comes on with the ignition.
I'll spend a bit more time with it in case I've missed something, (which is not hard to do as there are so many things you can change). I might even reset everything back to factory settings yet as it's easy to screw things up...lol.
Oh, nearly forgot, there are no Aussie voices either.... :confused:

So Steve, I don't think I'd be in a rush to buy one just yet.....  :undecided:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for the feedback Russ .. Our previous Mio had to be switched on and off manually but now used to the Garmin would find that a pain.. although at half the price of the garmin with free updates I could live with it!  :lol:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline jabber

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Blacktown, NSW
i suggest copying all of the data in the original onto a high capacity micro sd then saving the original as your back-up. then add some divx movies to the new mem card (comes in handy for me while witing for the kids to come out from school)  :)

Offline Alasama

• 5th Gear

• tw Taiwan
      Taoyuan County
Seems my GPS is not too bad. It is auto turned on & off by ignition, also featured digital TV and microSD slot.  :happydance:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
Thanks for the feedback Russ .. Our previous Mio had to be switched on and off manually but now used to the Garmin would find that a pain.. although at half the price of the garmin with free updates I could live with it!  :lol:
our gps at the moment is a mobile phone,or street directory.  :whistler:  the sat nav I'm buying will only be used occasionally and used in two different cars,I'm not fussed at having to manually turn it on and off.  :razz:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Before you spent your money, you should come try out my one first, Steve..... :goodjob:

I reckon turning it on or off manually will be the least of your problems... :lol:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
is it shite?  :wacko: :whistler:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Put it this way, I'm struggling to use it... :-[

You might end up with a cheap GPS yet...lol

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
Put it this way, I'm struggling to use it... :-[

You might end up with a cheap GPS yet...lol
if you cant work it out, its not really to user friendly!  :disapp: :wacko: the youtube footage of it being used didn't look that hard.  :confused:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal